View Single Post

Thread: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

1. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

The barracks is... strangely untouched. Not only does it not show signs of recent habitation, Ellie is willing to wager the place has never been fully inhabited. Most of the beds still lie undisturbed, the lockboxes rest open and empty. Only a few of the sheets being crumpled show that this room has ever been in use. At the back of the hall lies a reasonably comprehensive armory, with various outfits and weapons that all appear to be in good condition. There are even some hefty looking crossbows that seem remarkably well preserved, resting beneath a large Nexan flag still hung proudly upon the wall

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with you picking up any mundane armor or weapon you want. Consider this an apology for your gear being taken (don't worry, you'll get it back. )

Ellie does make out something strange about one of the disturbed bedsheets. She can't quite put her finger on what at first, until she goes over to examine it more closely. Pulling the sheet back, she finds one of the wall mounted orb-lamps, but with a handle to make it carryable. Beside it rests an amulet, wrought of silver of some kind, and a scrap of paper with a brief note written upon it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Add 'Everburning Torch', and 'Old Nex Amulet (20gp)' to your inventory. Languages wise, I... don't think I ever went over the regular Golarion languages with you Digo. Ellie's assortment are okay, there's nothing on there she shouldn't have but there's other options I should've drawn to your attention. She's nowhere near elven heartlands for example, but Necril is a common tongue in Geb, Osiriani and Kelesh are more widely spoken than Common in Nex, and Osiriani has an Ancient variant. Hell, amongst Nexite mages the planar tongues are more widely spoken than Elven or Draconic, so I'd accept those if you wanted one.Would you like to swap out Ellie's language choices?

And no, I'm not telling you what language the note is in until you make up your mind on that.

Koma follows Ellie. He tenses a little at her question, still suspicious, but the tone is enough to ease the Cindersnout's fears for now. "Not need all the thingies. Took others just because... they there, we taking stuff anyway, trophies fun..."

He doesn't sound so enthusiastic about it now that he has to describe his logic to Ellie. He starts joining in the investigation, looking under the bunks, as he continues explaining. "Goblins starving right now. Not just my tribe, Cindersnouts, all tribes. No food in Wastes anywhere. Two Longshanks with bright hair come and offer us enough food to last all year if we get black wand from vaults in Oenopion."

Koma takes a break at that. It's starting to dawn on him that he doesn't have the wand anymore, and that all of this might have been for nothing. And that he's talking to a person he tried to steal from, and then shove off of a giant monkey. The little rogue hangs his head dejectedly as he comes towards the second part of the story. "Chiefs say no. Not trust Longshanks. But they not got better plan for food. Don't want goblins to starve. So Koma got friends together, and came here. Thought... would try make deal for chiefs. Was going to be sneaky, but found out Bore-rummy person gonna give wand away. So had to make quick plan, grab and get out of city fast."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-16 at 07:04 AM.