Spoiler: OOC to ALL
Show

Sorry for the delay folks. Work’s been kicking butt this week and ignoring the taking of names.

On a side note….Nice roll, Benno!

One thing seemed certain to Jeremy. For all the strangeness and trouble of the evening…for all the plethora of reasons Jeremy had to not trust this Professor Sutherland, his words seemed to strike true to his senses. Something in his gut was telling him, emphatically, that Sutherland really wasn’t yanking his chain. It could have been the genuine sadness that permeated the depths of the old teachers eyes.

He was truly sorry that this had befallen the rag-tag group of café patrons.

And as such, he was trying to help.

”It is a bit of a stretch, no?” Sutherland said, with that pleasant smile of his. But the expression carried a weight of experience that even Rosa couldn’t ignore. ”I think you have a fair request. It would be best to continue this conversation in the morning with the sun in the sky. It may not be more than superstition, but some things are best spoken of when the dark does not lay heavily upon the land. And I am quite sure that it has been an…emotionally trying evening thus so far.”

Lee and Saleh had begun to pack up what little they had brought with them, including the briefcase, after Sutherland tucked the containment canister back into its foam housing within. As they were loading up, Saleh looked to Eva.

”I would be happy to assist you, Constable, if you would be so kind as to provide me a ride back to the hotel when we are done? Lee can accompany the Professor now. We have learned from hard, cold experience that it is not wise to wander alone in these times.”

”If Driver here has a secure spot to talk, then we can meet tomorrow morning if that’s okay with everyone else? You’ve got no obligation to be there, really, but I’m hoping you all realize that this is some serious **** and it might be worth hearing us out.” Lee said, finally hoisting the briefcase into the back of the jeep and slinging his brutal looking baseball bat into the back as well.

Professor Sutherland pressed one of the small vials into Harvey’s hand, and two into Jeremy’s. For Roger, Cat and Tanis respectively. Whether they chose to use them was now wholly upon their own shoulders. While he does so, he gives them the number for a burner cellphone that he and his two companions were using to get ahold of him if needed.

While this was going on, Rosa had managed to fully connect to the LTE network of her cellphone provider. It seemed whatever interference had been plaguing the area had dissipated and normal services had returned.

While hellebore and hemlock were traditionally considered poisonous, there were ample methods of preparation that were held by many indigenous tribes across the world that would allow them to be used in a medicinal sense. Nothing jumped out, really, aside from the idea that some of this would directly impact the imbiber’s ability to process anxiety: meaning, it was a primitive anti-anxiety medicine, of sorts.

Spoiler: OOC for ALL
Show

This is sort of wrapping up the end of the prelude here, and I’m just about ready to move on to the next scene. If anyone wants to say or do anything else before the end of the evening, please let me know and I’ll post accordingly.

Eva and Saleh will be looking for Luiz and Claudia, which I intend to summarize in my next post, and anyone else who wants to join them can feel free.

Otherwise, as soon as we’re in agreement I’ll move on to the next morning. So please include in your next post anything of note that you’d like to accomplish across the remainder of your evening. This could include everything from whether or not you give the drug to the youngsters, whether or not Eva goes to file her paperwork, or get tanked.

My next post will summarize the results of these as well.

Thanks!