Sieghard

"I could spare twenty men. Perhaps thirty at most," Sieghard said. "The newer recruits should be able to hold the pass, but I'd be wary of counting on them alone against the duke's men or the necromancer."

"We could send a cart of food north. Offer it to Alvarran's outcasts as a gesture of good faith and in return all we ask is they choose someone to speak for them to talk with us. Just the one cart, we can spare no more," he suggested. "We make sure their man knows exactly what their situation is. The duke has abandoned them to die. The only way they survive is for the siege to end. And we offer them a way to do that. Their man finds someone among his people with family on the duke's walls. A brother or a husband or a father. They have to find him on the walls and speak to him when the other soldiers can't overhear it. They have to convince him to speak to us. And we offer him the choice. Either he opens the gates and lets us into the city or he does nothing and lets his kin starve to death."

"If he refuses, then he condemns his own blood and countless more to a slow, pointless death. If he trys to deceive us somehow, we drive the outcasts back to the wall and force Alvarr's men to shoot them themselves." Sieghard shrugged. "All it would cost us to try is one cart of old vegetables."

Spoiler
Show
It's less Irene and Esteban's input I'm concerned about and more LeSwordfish and Sentinel's OOC thoughts. I'm up for it and Sieghard might be able to handle this on his own skills, but as in all things, we work better as a group.