View Single Post

Thread: WindStruck and Zene's The Haunting IC

1. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: WindStruck and Zene's The Haunting IC

Spoiler: Yitzhak Laskov
    Show
    Wentworth nods appreciatively. "Thank you dearly for your input, Mister Laskov." He then looks towards the rest of the group. "Well, it seems I shall endeavor to venture out by myself." He also quickly adds in "Maybe this will offer some credence towards the supernatural, who knows?" Several glances are made towards you.
    With that discussion concluded, the society turns towards another discussion. This one interestingly happens to be led by you, discussing the development of Judaism over the last couple of millennia. The entire group is incredibly intrigued (especially given that it is made up of mostly Christians), and they leave having learned even more about the world around them.

Arkham, 1:30 PM, October 27th, 1921

It's your second to last day before the break, and you cannot help but feel anxious. In addition, though, what could the Society have in store for you at the next meeting?

Arkham, 3:05 PM, October 28th, 1921

Your final paper is done. Now you have a full week off for yourself. Some of it will, of course, be spent trying to gather resources for your next article, but overall it seems like you'll have a calm relaxing 9-day break. You've been working hard, and while the investigation into the Kimballs was... interesting, it also was rather stressful and intense. Would you really want something like that yet again? These are the thoughts buzzing through your head as you happen to notice someone else... someone whom you haven't seen before, walking towards room U35.
    ----

I have absolutely no idea who this could possibly be! I hope that the one-month time skip made sense and was a least a little bit interesting to RP through.

As the actress and the rabbi-turned-journalist reach towards the door there's something, a jolt of sorts in the back of your minds. Something is not right here, and yet, you feel as if you know this person, while at the same time you swear that you've never seen their face before. Eventually, the two of you sort out the door issue and enter the room. "Deirdre, Izzy, great to see that you both have made it!" Professor Jones boldly proclaims as you enter the area. As the professor finishes his declaration, the sudden realization flashes before your eyes. Of course! Yitzhak Laskov, the investigative journalist for the Gazette, and Deirdre McCoy, the star of the newest performance of The Haunting of Agatha Mae how could you forget? And yet, something is... off.

You take your seats, the weird feeling in the back of your head does make you wonder about how you forgot about each other, but you shake it off, you both started coming here around the same time, it was just a minor slip in your cognition. As you sit down, Professor Avebury enters clutching a rather large sheaf of papers. "Well this is truly fascinating!" He immediately proclaims as he places the sheaf down upon a table. "The tome was interesting of course, and has been added to Orne, but nevertheless I was able to take some notes." Everyone looks incredibly intrigued by this fact.
    "It seems that the book is actually a journal of sorts, but written by an Egyptian scribe, bound in Rome, and subsequently partially translated into both Latin and the vulagte. It spells some truly interesting details, especially concerning trade amongst the Roman and Egyptian empires. The owner was frightened, of course finding a book such as this one inside of her attic, but there was nothing to be afraid of." He smiles as his piece is done.

There's a short round of applause for the Professor's findings.