View Single Post

Thread: Trog's Tavern CLIII

1. - Top - End - #1010
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Back in the Saddle

"To an extent of course, yeah," Caelynn admits, "But back where I used to practice, there wasn't much that really went on. A couple basic surgeries, broken bones and colds, that sorta thing. Here, people have a far wider range of reasons why they might be visiting the doctor, and there's so many different species and unique little genetic quirks that live and manifest here." You'd think most people would prefer to shrink away from having to learn and master so many new treatments and physiologies considering how complex and specialized the profession can get for humans alone, but it doesn't seem to faze the woman quite so much as she takes another sip.

"Really though, the big thing is that I'll actually feel like I'm truly making a difference. All sorts of terrible misfortunes and calamities happen here, and it feels better to know your work is helping counteract those forces instead of just saving folks from their own dumb mistakes, y'know?" A bit callous perhaps, but things start to wear on you when you've treated your twelfth patient this month who broke their thumb trying to hammer a nail.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-10-24 at 09:28 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!