View Single Post

Thread: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

1. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

As you enter the hallway, you are faced with four doors, effectively west, east, northwest, and northeast. The east and west doors are closed. The northeast was opened by the Mummy, the northwest the incomplete zombie. The latter has one arm and close to no legs. That room has only a few sturdy wooden storage boxes and traces of snow, apparently it was abandoned there.

The northeast room is apparently the source of the desecrate aura. The evil is palpable without actual detection. A stone table is near the center, decorated with many dark circles with purple borders, similar to the ones found in the Leucrotta's lair. This table has an orc corpse, sturdily tied up, apparently killed from a cut to the neck. An impressive amount of partially dried lies blood beneath. He has been dead perhaps a day. The far end of the table has a makeshift altar, again with purple/black circles. The room also has many small pieces of long rotted clothing, as well as the occasional long-dead body part. There are more open wooden storage boxes, and the arrow slits have been blocked by debris and dark fabric, no light enters the room. One of the open wooden boxes contains a surprising 500 gp. On the walls are more purple/black disks, some overlaid over smaller silver ones. Smells of death and undeath are strongly present.

In the far corner is a large and finely crafted wooden chest. It appears to have no lock but is firmly latched.

Approaching the northeast door triggers a response: An eerie, deep voice in Common originates from nowhere you can discern:

"I hurt myself today. To see if I still feel. I focus on the pain. It's the only thing that's real."
    "The needle tears a hole. That old familiar sting. I try to kill it all away. But I remember. Everything."
    "What have I become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know. Goes away. In the end."

The voice goes silent and nothing follows. An eerie feeling persists anywhere near or in the northeast room, however.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-11-11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: northeast not northwest