1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Looking for a mid to high level Game using Spheres and some light Homebrew (PF 1.0)

So, pretty much what it says in the title. Looking for some moderate combat as well as some roleplay time. My Homebrew is the race I would like to play. I developed a system of Elite Races I want to try out (works in a manner similar to VMC, but does not necessarily go the full distance in levels if the race does not require it). The option to use said races is there, but the rest of the party can use any other races the GM will permit.

The level range I am looking for is between 7 and 11 (could go a little higher if preferred). I am a fan of giants, and the first set of Elite Races I created were based on giants (though they are conceptually half-giants, but a bit more potent than normal half-giants). I call the race Goliaths (I recognize there are other races called this, but the name is public domain), with different variants. I have working on other races too, currently a playable version of an Axiomite and a custom version of a Nephilim.

The important one is the Goliath for my purposes, the I did not include two variants, which were the two possible versions I wanted to play, both for story purposes as well as determining balance (comparing to feats is a little restricting, as they are meant to compare to VMC abilities. Losing general feats is also rather crippling for some builds). The missing two are different than the others as they are direct descendants of Fire Giants and Frost Giants.

Spoiler: Jotunblut Goliath (Rank 3)
    Show
    Jotunblut Goliath

Rank 0 (Level 1, does not replace any feats)

Medium Humanoid (Giant)
    Ability Score Adjustments - +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Wis
    Speed - 30 ft
    Senses - Low-light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft
    Defenses - Natural Armor 2, Resist Cold 10
    Skill Bonuses - +2 Sense Motive, +2 Survival
    Special Qualities
    - Ignores concealment caused by non-magical blizzards unless it is total concealment.
    - Ignores difficult terrain non-magical ice and snow.
    Starting Languages - Common and Giant. For additional languages obtained from Intelligence modifier, they may select from Dwarven, Draconic, Gnome, Elven, Sylvan, Auran, and Aquan

Rank 1 (Consumes Level 3 feat)

+2 Con, Natural Armor 3, Darkvision 90 ft

Rank 2 (Consumes Level 7 feat)

+2 Str, Natural Armor 4, Resist Cold 20

Rank 3

Large Size (+2 Str, +10 ft to Speed, Reach becomes 10 ft, -1 to Attack and AC, +1 CMB and CMD), Cold Subtype

Spoiler: Muspelblut Goliath (Rank 3)
    Show
    Muspelblut Goliath

Rank 0 (Level 1, does not replace any feats)

Medium Humanoid (Giant)
    Ability Score Adjustments - +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Cha
    Speed - 30 ft
    Senses - Low-light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft
    Defenses - Natural Armor 2, Resist Fire 10
    Skill Bonuses - +2 Climb, +2 Intimidate
    Special Qualities
    - Ignores concealment and effects of inhalation from non-magical smoke unless it is total concealment.
    - Ignores non-magical difficult terrain in mountainous areas.
    Starting Languages - Common and Giant. For additional languages obtained from Intelligence modifier, they may select from Dwarven, Draconic, Gnome, Orc, Aklo, Ignan, and Terran

Rank 1 (Consumes Level 3 feat)

+2 Con, Natural Armor 3, Darkvision 90 ft

Rank 2 (Consumes Level 7 feat)

+2 Str, Natural Armor 4, Resist Fire 20

Rank 3

Large Size (+2 Str, +10 ft to Speed, Reach becomes 10 ft, -1 to Attack and AC, +1 CMB and CMD), Fire Subtype

In addition, I am including the racial feats here for convenience, though I am only interested in taking Ancient Blood.

Spoiler: Racial Feats
    Show

Ancient Blood
    Prereqs:
    Goliath, Rank 2+
    Benefits: You gain +2 to Str and +1 to you Natural Armor

Adjustable Stature
    Prereqs:
    Goliath, Rank 3, Caster level 8+
    Benefits: You may switch between your Large size and Medium size at will as a standard action. This functions as the spell Reduce Person (and does not stack with), but is a supernatural ability with an indefinite duration.

I have tried playing these in certain games but either I do not make the final cut (despite the GM allowing me to use it in said application) or, as the case was with the Axiomite, the GM quit after the first battle, just sort of ghosting all the players. Class-wise, I was looking at either. Greenrunner Hunter (Jotunblut) or a Growling Marauder Skald (Muspelblut), though if it fits the campaign, I may go a different route.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-12-01 at 10:57 PM.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim