View Single Post

Thread: MTG Share your Card Designs II

1. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MTG Share your Card Designs II

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    • For each +1/+1 counter on that creature, gain 3 life
    • For each -1/-1 counter on that creature, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature
    There is one large problem with this. Sets (that aren't reprint or Modern/Vintage/Legacy only) don't have +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters in them. In fact it's one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    You have one black creature that prevents only one type of counter, that wouldn't be difficult for black to remove in the first place, and you're then extrapolating that black is allowed to prevent all kinds of counters. That is what I am disagreeing with.
    And you have two creatures from same editions Mirrodin Besieged, which was 4 months after Scars of Mirrodin, a set you gave me **** about. And Melira was given that ability so she fulfills a story purpose. Maybe she experienced bleed from black as well.

I'd take M20 or M19 as proof, over a single card that happened 8 years ago, and didn't happen since...

But permanent damage to players doesn't matter when you can heal above your starting life.
    That's why it has the second clause, that once it reaches your starting life, you're dead whether at 23 or 3.000.000.

Flavor. It depends on what you synergize it with. Energy counters don't do anything by themselves either, they are energy because that makes sense with how other cards use them.
    Energy counters have design limits as well. It's from what I've talked with people on discord a shared chared counters pool. It can't ever produce mana for example, and never without consuming another resource like Tap.

How are they harder to keep track of that any other pump effect?
    You have to track if you used the ability or not.

I would make it enchantment instead of artifact, as white rarely gets artifact hate that doesn't also get enchantments. For common it might be too strong, for uncommon it could probably get both artifacts, creatures and enchantments
    Blessed light

Replace enchantment with artifact.

Also why does an inquisitorial purge give corruption, it seems like inquisitors would be against it.
    One to reprsent them blaiming you and two to show they aren't "clean" so to speak.
    Last edited by -D-; 2019-12-03 at 10:15 AM.
    Ruler of Floating pyramids.