Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
There is one large problem with this. Sets (that aren't reprint or Modern/Vintage/Legacy only) don't have +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters in them. In fact it's one or the other.
That's a good point.

And you have two creatures from same editions Mirrodin Besieged, which was 4 months after Scars of Mirrodin, a set you gave me **** about. And Melira was given that ability so she fulfills a story purpose. Maybe she experienced bleed from black as well.

I'd take M20 or M19 as proof, over a single card that happened 8 years ago, and didn't happen since...
And I've said that they might have moved it and preventing counters isn't within green's color pie anymore, but that doesn't help really help your case for counter prevention in black.
But there is a huge difference between using an effect that appeared in that color on an older card, but not very old, and might not be in the pie still, and than using an effect that haven't appeared in that color.
Green prevents damage, so it makes sense that it gets to prevent infect damage. How does it make sense for black to prevent poison?

That's why it has the second clause, that once it reaches your starting life, you're dead whether at 23 or 3.000.000.
And unless all your damage is in the form of corruption that is almost never going to be relevant, so you're only either adding something pointless, or making the mechanic more parasitic. Both of those are bad designs.

Energy counters have design limits as well. It's from what I've talked with people on discord a shared chared counters pool. It can't ever produce mana for example, and never without consuming another resource like Tap.
But they still don't do anything by themselves, this is just restrictions for how you choose cards should use them.
I don't think I'd actually do anything that requires removing corruption, since that works poorly in multiplayer.
The flavor absolutely could have been something else, just like energy could have been materials and be used for building things. The counters do only what you choose to do with them.

You have to track if you used the ability or not.
How is this different from a pump effect you can use several times? You still have to track how many pumps are currently active.

Blessed light

Replace enchantment with artifact.
I said white rarely removes artifacts at common, and rarely removes artifacts without also removing enchantments, and your rebuttal to this was showing a common that exiled enchantments?

One to reprsent them blaiming you and two to show they aren't "clean" so to speak.
So they inquisition is actually deliberately spreading the corruption?

Shambling Silverfang - BG
Creature - Zombie Wolf - U
When Shambling Silverfang enters the battlefield, target opponent gains a corruption counter.
2: Return Shambling Silverfang from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only if an opponent has six or more corruption counters.

Commander of the Damned - BB
Creature - Zombie Soldier - R
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, that player gets a corruption counter.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 as long as an opponent has eight or more corruption counters.
2/2

Poxspawn - 2BB
Creature - Horror - R
Menace
When Poxspawn enters the battlefield, each opponent gains a corruption counter.
Poxspawn gets +1/+1 for each corruption counter on opponents.
0/0

Vla'drekath, Archwraith - 4RB
Creature - Spirit - M
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player gains a corruption counter, then Vla'drekath, Archwraith deals damage to that player equal to the number of corruption counters on them.
7/4