1. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    I'll repost some of the early suggestions here:
    Planeshift - select a plane card to start on for your turn and all rolls go against the owner of the plane
    This seems fun, but might be too weird.

Vanguard Avatar - vanguard avatars are legal (may have an extra slot for it, might not)
    A lot of the vanguard avatars are just really powerful in this, some were banned very early the first time around.

Planeswalker - You can have 4 cards but one has to be a planeswalker
    Sounds fun. We have seen a planeswalker already.

Two-headed giant - this one would get crazy
    I'm not sure I even want to try and think about how this would work.

Limited omniscience - Each player begins with X Treasure tokens in play
    What values do you suggest for X?

Landfall - basic lands all have some sort of landfall ability
    What effects would that be?

Like a flash - all spells players cast have flash
    I'm not sure how much this would change given that people still have to play lands first.

Unexpected potential - I can't see it really being used much given we have the dual lands already so you need to use storage lands for this to even matter.
    Ancient Tomb is still legal.

Brago's Favor - seems kinda dull. I guess it enables some spells quicker that would just be out of range and make the iguana playable
    It might make Iguana playable, but as long as it doesn't enable Iguana Inquiry I think that's fine.

If we went for this sort of path, I think I'd prefer it as each player having a 3 card deck plus a conspiracy/hidden agenda of their choice
    How many are worth picking over power play though?

T1 discard - why? Why would anyone choose anything other than the one that comes back from the graveyard or one that shuffles itself back into your library
    The idea is that you can play graveyard synergy cards without needing a card to set them up. Of course no one would choose to just play effectively a two card deck.

Also, starting life totals of any less than 11 will probably need to ban Chancellor of the Dross.
    Yep, that was my thought as well. At 5 or six life the format would just be 3 chancellor decks that could win against 1 chancellor decks, 1 chancellor decks that win against 2 chancellor decks, and the two chancellor decks win against 3 chancellor decks.

Others:

Blood Moon in play

Back to Basics on play

Sphere of Resistance i play

Collective Blessing in play

Each player starts with X saprolings in play
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-12-04 at 06:22 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature