Quote Originally Posted by Firechanter View Post
For some reason, Paizo is convinced that their Frankenstein flesh golem of a setting that is Golarion is an active selling point and people actually care about it.
I assure you, a great many people do care about Golarion. Firechanter might not, but that's not a viable data point to make setting decisions around.

Quote Originally Posted by Firechanter View Post
They work well when used as intended: isolated from each other. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. That makes it difficult to argue that the setting matters at all.
And this is straight-up false; the interplay between nations, powers, and of course divinities is a big part of what makes Golarion appealing. It's a setting that can accommodate intersectional adventurers just as readily as self-contained ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
Heavily downplaying resources other than per-rest ones might be an attempt to distance PF2E from 5E, I suppose.
Uh... wouldn't that move them closer to 5e? Everything there is "per-rest."

Quote Originally Posted by Albions_Angel View Post
Now, I think when they try it, it will become obvious that its not all it says it is, but thats actually not the point. Its the RIGHT DIRECTION for them. I think this will backfire for the devs, but its literally what a lot of 5e players are looking for, now they have cut their teeth on the "easy mode".
I think P1 has enough patches, fixes and solid content that P2 could just be a streamlined version of that with the chaff cut out. Take a bunch of the clarifications they've provided in FAQ and books like Ultimate Intrigue/Campaign and make them baseline, along with a bunch of the stuff from Unchained. Design a great experience from levels 1-15 and then make everything past that be a glorious, partially-balanced mess the way it is now. Embrace being the rules-heavy, high-magic, yet still accessible and open-source Android alternative to 5th edition's iOS.