1. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The only one I really want to see is "players start at 6 life".
    I see you are a fan of 2x Chancellor of the Dross + Soul Spike mirror matches. Given Active Player/Non-Active Player, whoever goes second wins, unless Soul Spike forces a draw, so there's just... no reason to not decide the game at the beginning of the first upkeep?

I guess Providence + 2 other cards as the Non-Active Player does win that one specific matchup 50% of the time while the Dross + Soul Spikes draw/draw. So you could go off-meta by trying to go W/L instead of DD for 3 points instead of 2?

But no, that sounds like the most miserable round. Let's not. Please.

EDIT: Missed this when glossing over thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Yep, that was my thought as well. At 5 or six life the format would just be 3 chancellor decks that could win against 1 chancellor decks, 1 chancellor decks that win against 2 chancellor decks, and the two chancellor decks win against 3 chancellor decks.
    Effects don't resolve simultaneously, so the 1-chancellor decks still auto-lose against 2 chancellor decks if they're the active player. And if they're the non-active player, they just lose to Soul Spike before they can do anything with their 3 life.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2019-12-05 at 03:58 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show