Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
I've explained why they don't count over and over again and you just keep asserting that they do. Preventing one type of counter is not a basis for removing every type of counter
And I've explained, why that's not true. According to the magic pie article, black gets to remove all counters from any permanent (not players). Could that have changed in the meantime? Maybe.

Until you give substantial refutations that Black isn't the color of removing counters from permanents, according to official magic and cards they printed. Yes, you can make case that the article should have added white as well, but not that they are outright wrong.

They wouldn't manipulate poison by preventing it though.
They absolutely would. For a price. Black has even "combat damage" prevention on creatures, for a price. Oathsworn Knight.

My point is that if you deal 10 corruption and 10 damage the opponent will still be alive if he heals 1 life, corruption being corruption doesn't matter unless you get to 20, it could just have been regular damage.
Yeah and? In 95% of cases that distinction is meaningless. In 95% of cases, you heal for 1 and opponent deals 1 damage and you die. Or an opponent plays a "prevent life gain" card.

It's not parasitic, it synergistic with damage. If you are against a life gain deck, yeah you need to deal 20 corruption OR AND HEAR ME OUT - "prevent life gain". Because it's synergistic with damage.

This is not about what you can or can't do, it's about what you should do.
This is reductionist thinking with which I heavily disagree. I mean, by your logic, before Kaladesh you'd say we shouldn't have colored artifacts, because there were like six of them.