View Single Post

Thread: The Tempest PrC Rework [CA p.81] [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Tempest PrC Rework [CA p.81] [PEACH]

Feedback: I'm not sure how the dual type combination attacks trigger. If I hit someone two times with the weapon in my left hand, then miss once with it, then hit two times with the weapon in my right hand, how many times does it proc? If I'm using two morningstars (which deal piercing and bludgeoning damage), do I inflict bleed damage, staggered, or Con damage? My choice, maybe?

It seems to me that the slashing mode is somewhat undertuned; it's a lot more favorable to have "slashing & x" weapons and only use it once you only really want to inflict the 5 points of bleed damage once or twice a combat. Also, pure damage becomes less relevant once you hit 5, since you get rend. Maybe you have the option to increase existing bleed damage?

Eye of the Tempest: "When you ... you recieve a +1 untyped bonus to attack rolls, or increase your existing bonus from this feature by 1, to a maximum of your Tempest level. At the end of a turn in which you didn't make an attack, reduce this bonus by 1. "

You aren't wrong that it's a touch overtuned, but not by too much IMO.

Whirlwind Attack at 3 is a tad awkward, since it doesn't function with TWF.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2019-12-13 at 03:21 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.