So I'm a build admin on a PS4 Conan roleplay server. We always tried to go out of our way to make sure the events weren't too stale.
Probably the best one was one of the admins was NPC character named bourbon who was a pirate.
After some basic stuff like archery and camel punching (pretty much naked bare-knuckle competition where whoever kills their camel first wins) we revealed that he used to be the captain of a ship, but his crew mutinied and left him stranded in the exiled lands. So when everyone showed up two Bourbons next event they were met with an empty camp with notes scattered everywhere. All of the notes pretty much describes that he felt like he was being stocked and he could have sworn he saw someone who used to be on his ship. We have to have one person that was in on on the whole thing two make sure that everyone left together towards a location mentioned in the notes (invisible admin spawned)
They had to fight their way through multiple waves while moving up the beach. When arriving at the mention location they found a large pirate ship covered in Pirates. There was three decks all together on the pirate ship but only two of them are accessible because the third one was submerged in water which we explained as them being Shipwrecked. The invisible admin who spawned the Pirates would open doors after they got certain parts. Clues were left around and all the decks about where they should look for keys that would open the doors. Pretty much after someone claimed that they found the key, they would have to say that they approach the door with it and then the invisible admin would open it. They had to read multiple notes and books scattered throughout the ship to find keys, working their way to the key from the very bottom of the ship that let them get into the Captain's Quarters just to find out that bourbon is an actually there but on an island nearby. A lot of people were super happy with the event. I have others but I feel like I've already talked too much LOL