[Landing Pad - Vigil Skybase]

"You need a blinker," Geneva says, giving a small nod. "I haven't personally worked on anything like that. Most of my work has been on larger, longer range teleportation. But I collected quite a few schematics in the lab that... umm... sent me to the Nexus."

She was messing with an old prototype teleportation pad.

It exploded in her face.

And she woke up in a field Outside.

Honestly not the worst place to wake up after an explosion when you've been living in an irradiated wasteland for a few years. She had initially assumed that she was dead and had ended up in the Elysium Fields.

"It would be a new branch to my research, but I think I could do it. The less mass being moved and the shorter the distance the less stress on local space-time and the less spatial sheer the spell-matrix needs to be able to endure between uses. I can use the old Ministry of Arcane Science designs as a starting point, but I'll need to adapt an alternative magical power source since Equestrian gemstones are prohibitively expensive here in the Nexus. That's hardly a deal-breaker. If I can do it with a kettle I can do it with a blinker."

She sounds pretty confident in that point. At that second question she tilts her head a bit.

"Well... I'm versed in electrical, thaumatical, and synnefical engineering. I focus primarily on fields related to teleportation; that's where I've done most of my research and application. Both utilizing teleportation and inhibiting it. I, uh... used to fix work on the weather equipment back in my home vault? But I doubt you need a cloud seeder or a rainbow fountain."

You never know when someone might need a rainbow fountain, Geneva.