Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
I believe this wording would work. 607.2c covers linked abilities where one of the abilities makes tokens. This has only been used to remove tokens in the past.
Neat. I'm very happy that can be done, because then I can also have "familiar" cards where the card being a familiar doesn't mean anything, but I don't have to keep the "That token is Cardname's familiar." clause to keep the theme. It also means it has more synergies with cards outside the set.
Could you then also do something like:
Sever Bond - 2B
Instant - C
Target creature and each token created by it gain -3/-3.

Familiar's Protection - W
Instant - C
Target creature and each token created by it has indestructible until end of turn.

That may cause memory issues?

I’d maybe be a bit worried about some players thinking the buff from multiple copies stacked, or if you flickered the card then all the tokens would get the buff and not just the most recent.
Possibly, but I feel like people only need to be told that once.

Might be simpler just to go with something like:
Familliar - When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 cat token. That token gets +1/+1 until ~ leaves the battlefield.
How is that simpler? It's about as long. The until Cardname leaves the battlefield clause is weird. Ability wording only makes sense if you're always going to have the tied ability.