1. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Age Of Sigmar II: I Can't Believe It's Not Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Brotherhood battle report!

And that's it! One win, four losses, two of which were very close - I think for a non-meta list and a tournament novice, that's pretty respectable.

• I should have taken a proper bloodthirster - instead of the prince, instead of skarbrand, or as well as both. Skarbrand needs careful piloting to do his thing, the prince is dependent on enemies wanting to charge without bonuses... just a straightforward heavy hitter would have been better, and could have taken artefacts, general traits, and such.
    • The bloodcrushers were a off-meta pic but honestly a pretty good one - they whiffed a few times due to bad luck, but scored me other objectives, cleared out plenty of chaff.
    • I'm not nearly as anti-magic as other people can be magic. The hexgorger skulls have a 28" range, which isn't enough to get wizards who aren't pushing their deployment, which means I just have a forced re-roll and only two attempts to deny. They're great when in range, but I think probably only really work when my opponent wants to move forward with their magic.
    • I think I'm done with Khorne. I'm not sure they're the style I really want to stick with, I'm looking into something with a bit more range - cities? Shooty stormcast?
    Nice report! Sounds like some harsh matchups and tough teams, but the games seemed close enough to not be complete shutouts.

Bloodcrushers are better, imo, when taken en masse. I have a friend who plays the battalion with them and it's hard to shut them down when he just runs the entire thing across the board. And I agree about magic - if you can't fully nullify Tzeentch or Hallowheart, it's almost not worth focusing on. The Skulls are still dope though.

If you're looking for shooting, 9mm is right about Cities and Tzeentch, those seem to be the top performers, though they're more "entirely ranged" than "balanced melee/ranged". There's still some bickering about KO though - some people seem to think they're very viable board control shooting, others think they're worthless, but I think if you're interested, wait a month or two for the book to get shaken out. Stormcast have some good shooting options, I have a lot of success with Longstrike Anvils and other people play Ballistas to good effect, and those lists still have some melee teeth. Skaven are another army that can go super powerful at ranged, as you've noticed.

Other armies with a mix of shooting, though still heavily with melee, would include Bonesplitterz, Ogors, certain Sylvaneth builds, Ossiarch Bonereapers (just the catapults but they're great), and Seraphon (Magic and Bastiladons). Even if you want to stay Khorne, splashing some Skull Cannons in can make a good difference in picking off enemy shooting, though they're not super efficient for the points.
    Last edited by Requizen; 2020-01-20 at 12:22 PM.