View Single Post

Thread: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

1. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Tabiry follows Vershab's movements, quietly fascinated with the man's brew. She looks like she's considering asking him for the recipie before thinking better of it and falling back to the table. She smiles around the group at first, but as the questions mount she starts to frown.

"Yes, well. I sent her away."

She takes a long sip of tea at that. She looks down at that, rather than meeting the gaze of the Relic Knights. "Sunset wasn't happy about it. She's told me she doesn't think you trust her, and this will make it worse. I can understand that. But I can see the other side of this situation. While she's important to me, to you she's just a cult member who pled for her life. I'm not sure I trust you with her. You're a tight knit group. She'd be the expendable one. Someone that wouldn't weigh on you if she got killed."

Those words make Tabiry herself shudder. She's not used to this, and doesn't seem to relish even having this conversation. She finally looks up, glancing around the table. "Sorry. That was more hostile than I intended." She looks less powerful, more desperate, imploring. She'd perhaps not taken the news of Sunset's flight as well as could've been hoped. "I want to trust you. But I'd like to talk to you first. Learn more about what you're planning to do, get a better sense of who you are. Please, just... put my mind at rest, before I send her off with you."

Finally getting the words out, Tabiry takes a long breath, one filled with strawberry vapors. The sweetness is a comfort. She leans back in her chair. "Sunset's told me a lot about the Cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh, and I have the education she lacks. I can answer anything she can. And because she insisted, she left something to show that this wasn't her choice." Standing, Tabiry moves to open a cupboard near the table. At its base rests a familiar looking longbow, still glinting with a trace of fire magic, along with the matching quivver.

"You know Sunset wouldn't have left herself vulnerable willingly. She really wants you to trust her."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2020-01-24 at 08:52 AM.