1. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer & 40K RPGs Thread III: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Heresies?

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    first of all, how does influence work? i get that it's a stat that characters have to roll to find gear, but they've got low-30's, and even finding an average piece of kit like a comm-bead will be tough. how do you play it out? higher bonuses on hive and forge worlds? commerce checks? good roleplay? i don't want to give them heavy bolters off the bat, but seeing some availability checks, even an inquisitor wouldn't be able to pay for some of the stuff in the rulebook. it seems a bit too abstract a concept for me, and i'm considering reimplementing 1e's throne mechanic for small purchases like food, housing and bribes.
    In my experience, the answer to your first question is "poorly". Making gear acquisition dependent on the infamously swingy roll leads to the exact problems you've described. We did eventually switch to just having money.
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-02-25 at 07:47 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.