View Single Post

Thread: Sub class questions

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Sub class questions

Quote Originally Posted by Master O'Laughs View Post
    I had a couple of questions about some sub classes for narrowing down what to play next. They are as follows:

Samurai Fighter: Is it equally viable as a Sharpshooter or Great Weapon Master?

Beast Conclave (revised ranger): Between and Ape and a Giant Crab, which is either mechanically superior? Also, if only playing til a max of level 10, could I make do with just 16 Dex and archery fighting style so I could grab 2 feats as a halfling?

Thanks in advance.
    To answer the question on the Samurai, it depends on whether you're an Elf or not.

If you can take Elven Accuracy, Sharpshooter is better. Otherwise, go Great Weapon Master.

Although I'd only go the Elf/Sharpshooter build if your front line wouldn't benefit from a heavy-armored 10HD character with a supply of THP, self-healing, and death denial. Samurai are basically Barbarians in plate, and there's more you can contribute than damage.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-02-27 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!