View Single Post

Thread: Sub class questions

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Sub class questions

Quote Originally Posted by Master O'Laughs View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

Originally looking at a ranged attacker due to the high likelihood that at least 2 if not all 3 of the other players would create melee characters.

If it looks like there are more ranged than melee then I will definitely switch it up.

Currently with the Samurai, I was looking at starting with 17 Dex and Sharpshooter and picking up Elven Accuracy at level 6, maxing Dex at lvl 8.

If I go the melee route, what feat would you add? GWM @ L4 but then is there another feat worth taking, Heavy Armor master? I am leaning toward Half-orc instead if I go melee. Or am I better off just upping Con as well for more health?
    You probably don't need the additional HP as a Samurai Half-Orc. You're already so durable that +1 HP per level isn't going to make too much of a difference.

With so many rolls for Advantage (and thus, extra chances for crits), you could do well with Orcish Fury. It allows you to, once per short rest, add a damage die to a successful attack, as well as allow you to make a Reaction attack when you use your Relentless Endurance. The extra damage means your 1d12 on a crit would deal 4d12 damage.

Resilient is always a classic.

You could also pick up Martial Adept, to utilize a Short Rest method of granting advantage through knocking a target prone.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-02-28 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!