Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
I can understand wanting to not allow just rest spamming things, but I think Mask of the Betrayer for NWN2 actually did that a lot better by having a depleting meter that you could keep filled if you made the most out of your day, but would kill you over time if you were really inefficient about resource usage. Ultimately, a time limit kind of shoots the devs in the foot a bit, because then you feel like you cant actually play in this big world they made.
That meter was why I never finished Mask of the Betrayer. It felt like I was being rushed through the game (and having half the companions be primary casters on top was ludicrous).

Kingmaker's time limit is much more generous, I think; you DO actually have time to do everything, with a bit of planning (judicious placement of settlements and aviaries/teleport buildings - the only buildings really worth it - as well.) I was only pushed for time to max my kingdom out, not to do all the actual adventuring, and even then, my kingdom stats stood to tank a couple of weeks at the very last to get it absolute maxed out.