Wen once again seems taken aback by Starislav's attitude, flinching back at the warrior's harsh tone and few words. For a brief moment, she looks hurt by what she heard, but her face quickly returns to a neutral expression. "Your burdens must weigh heavy indeed." she says, followed by a saddened sigh.

Meanwhile, Magistrate Li stands by, quietly stroking his beard. His expression is more successfully neutral than Wen's, something having let him overcome his own exasperation. "Don't let his gruff demeanor affect you, Perfected Woman." Eyes directed at you with a warning glare, he speaks with an encouraging tone. "This man has fought cruel bandits entirely for the sake of the people before, and his loyalty to his mistress is beyond reproach. Clearly, he is a man of-" There is a slight moment of hesitation in his speech, though barely so. "-virtue."

Wen looks at him, then at you, then back at him. "Your words calm me, Magistrate, though it is his soul I fear for more than his virtue." These words are enough to make Li back off with a silent nod. With a wave of his hands, he ushers his guards to round up the prisoners and take them elsewhere, preparing himself to leave the situation.

"Then I shall take my leave and return to my governmental duties. I wish you best of luck in your healing efforts." Then, he bows before turning to head back into the yamen.

"I shall grant you my patience, Lady Rem, as much as is required. Please, follow me to our humble monastery. It is but a day's journey up Red Crow Mountain. It's location is hidden, but I shall be your guide." With that, she turns around and leads the two of you out of town, and towards Real Man Xiao's monastery.

Your path you take is steep and exhausting, moving through heavily forested hills before taking a slow ascent towards the peak of Red Crow Mountain. While the heavy foliage around you provides a good amount of shadow from the blistering heat of Dulimbai, vines and roots overgrow the simple dirt roads that you follow, making you watch your step and tearing into Rem's shoes. Starislav's horse in particular has trouble with the rough terrain. He figures it will need to be re-shoed once he gets back to Gongfang, and that it may be best to dismount if a battle breaks out here. The chance of the animal stumbling is too great otherwise.

As the native, blood-red crows caw in the trees up above, you notice that Wen's pace is rather meandering, at times wandering slightly from the path, at others limping along slowly for a while. Though she moves with purpose, and you don't get the feeling that you are lost, it still makes your journey a somewhat frustrating affair.

Still, it's eased by the fact that Wen is still an affable, friendly guide, using your time together to ask questions about your homelands. "Please tell me, northern sages. What lands do you hail from? And what has granted you the great power my master felt within you? We have never had visitors quite like you, and I find myself awfully curious." She asks as soon as you are out of sight of the town walls.