1. - Top - End - #222
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

"You are aware of the 'special' Jonin designation, given to shinobi who are not technically qualified to be Jonin as they lack the well rounded, general skill set it requires but are more than sufficiently skilled to take on the responsibilities due to their extreme specialization? For legal reasons, I was awarded a genin rank on similar logic: I have no formal shinobi training and a... disability is the wrong word, that makes genjutsu impossible and ninjutsu useless, but a significant level of skill at martial arts, a 'Kekkei Genkai,' though I dislike the term, that renders my physical abilities greater than one would expect for one of my age, a prodigious intellect, and enough academic knowledge within the fields of biology and chakra composition with a specific specialty in how they overlap to qualify as an expert in those fields. I am technically on-call for the same missions that a genin of my age and experience level, though I am unlikely to be called on a mission I did not volunteer for unless there is a labor shortage that ninja have to step in to compensate for or an otherwise greater than normal demand, but I primarily work in the research laboratory assisting the other Ninja Researchers with my knowledge."

"You are Kimiko Ishikawa? I have worked with your brother on occasion, though I am not at liberty to speak about what exactly."

"In other words, unlocking the secrets of chakra is what I do for a living. More specifically, my personal research is under the underlying mechanisms of the inherent genetic advantages some families and individuals possess in the manipulation of chakra and how different forms of chakra influence physiological developments. Or, in short, I study Kekkei Genkai, Kekkei Tota, and certain subclassifications fo Hidden Techniques as well as phenomena like the healing factors possessed by certain members of the Senju Clan or the Uzumaki Clan's unusual longevity... Though outside of my own nameless clan's abilities... Well, I do not think I need to explain clan politics and the attendant system of secrecy to a clan heir."

"I am more than sure that you can comprehend how absolutely frustrating it makes my work."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-28 at 09:17 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks