1. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fyraltari's Fiercely Friendly Random Banter Thread #226

So, to add the crowning glory to an already chaotically disrupted day (due to Nanny-related issues), it appears we have an intermittent odd issue with the computer.

You know that rant I went on the other day, because password screen> Well, today, while I was at Nanny's Doing Stuff (I'll get to that in a minute) while Dad was shunting some files about we had it again.

Dad said the computer seemed to lock up for a bit (no BSoD on the occasion today,) and came back to the password log-in screen. Today, it just let me back through via password, at least. (I am, of course, in the process of doing a Critical File back-up first job, do both secondary HDD and Flashdrive…))

It has otherwise behaved between these incidents. I have run a Malabytes virus check (nada), I have used CrystalDisc, which seems to report both HDDs are in “Good” condition (that was my next fear).

I put the first incident down to MS incompetence – which it still might be – but I’m not sure what, if anything I can do to chase it down. Any ideas, before I shunt this over to the Grumpy Tech forum?

And this was the crowning glory of a highly disrupted day. We got to Nanny's (me and Mum) and found that the carer this morning had seen she'd wet herself, so taken her cusion off the chair and then put her back down on the chair with not evern a twoel underneath, so she and her chair were wet through. They had apparently been complaining that she couldn't get out of her chair, and had had the doctor out Tuesday (which my Mum was livid about, because she is the person legally inc harge of Nanny's health matters and this was the first they'd heard about it). So Mum then spend ages on the phone with the occupational health person adn the care place (the latter at least admitted that not being told about this was very poor) and they said the only thing they could do is get Nanny a bed (Nanny has flat refused to use one to sleep in for years), to the carers could use a hoist to get her out of the chair, onto the bed and then onto the commode.

Notably, though we had to be very firm with Nanny getting her OUT of the the chair, once on the commode, she has no problems whatsoever getting from the commode to her wheelchair. I am convinced the problem is that the chair sans special cushion is lower and more yeilding, and thus much harder to get out of.

This though? This is EXACTLY what I'd feared would happen as soon as we were unable to take her out oce a week for a meal - she's not getting even that excercise and has deteriorated. I KNEW this would happen (I'd already said to myself this morning before e got there we needed to get her at least into the wheelchair and maybe a brisk walk around the block just to she wouldn't lock up, I just figured it wouldn't have got this bad right away.) Congrautalations, idiots, you're killing Nanny without the virus ever have to lift a DNA strand!

So, we had to clear the dining room, which mean breaking the social isoloation since the buggers wanted to deliver the bed today and not send anyone to help (I mean, my Mum is disabled with fibromaligia and she's at her wit's end) so we had to call in both my brothers-in-law (one of whom is working (from home) at Rolls Royce and is in the middle of the totally unimportant job of organising subcontractors to make filters for the emergancy) to clear the room (fortunately, we didn't need him for long, as as soon as we got stuff done, they went home). We also discovred that OF COURSE Nanny's hoover is knackered, so my otehr brother-in-law who is good at this stuff, managed to find one at Amazon and so we've got that comign tomorrow at least. (Mum and Dad are still at Nanny's, the former waiting for the bed to arrive and the latter to drop off the shopping).

I got dropped off back to base then realised my cars keys for the little car (which Mum fortunately has her own keys for) weren't in my pocket, so either they fell out at Nanny's or frack know, maybe somehow magically at Sainsbury's where we had to do the shopping and still half the stuff I want (raisens and sultanas) are not available and we had trouble getting frickin' baked beans.

(Nope, as typing, they can't find the keys and Nanny's and OF COURSE Sainsburies doen't have any kind of phone number of anything these days that doesn't lead explictly to a load of automated answers (seriously, there wasn't even an option for general inquiries), which means as soon as they get back, we'll have to go out and look. EXCELLENT.)

So? Tomorrow? If I show up with a starship and kill everything? You at least know why, more specifically than usual.

Edit: Oh no, it gets even better. See, apparently, the care service doesn't do two-people calls, despite them making us have this bed/hoist arrangement we've had to faff about with. (And apparently the tea-time carer didn't even come.)

I am going to have their internal organs strung up, because virus or no virus, there is a limit to what I'll accept as an excuse and flagrant ineptitude and incompetance is not it. Heads are going to roll, and if they are very, VERY lucky, they might ONLY be metaphorical.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-04-02 at 11:50 AM.