Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
So anyway I would like to thank everybody for all the support. I know this wasn't the easiest time to express my feeling since I always updated on my friend's mother health every day. By at the end, she's no longer in pain. So thanks, everybody. FYI, my friend and his family are hanging in there and I'm supporting them. So again thanks.
I'm very sorry for your loss. I guess in the coming days/weeks/unspecified intervals of time, it's important to take the time to process your grief however you deal with it. I don't know how you deal with it, maybe you're feeling inconsolably sad, and that's OK. Maybe you're feeling relatively fine, and that's OK too. All of you be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
So... After 5 years together, me causing some pretty harmful things to or relationship, finding out to I can't have children, some more pretty tough times and circumstances, the better part of a year spent in different countries coming down to not seeing one another since before the pandemic exploded in Italy, my girlfriend has called it quits and, after some soul-searching,I find myself agreeing with her. We love one another very much, but the deck is just too stacked against us being happy together.
I find myself having to come to terms with the idea of being single, of loving someone but having to move on and get over her.
It's not easy.

Not looking for anything in particular, just had to get it off my chest
Hey, if you need to get it off your chest that's fine. As long as your feelings aren't eating you up anymore. I might not know entirely how your relationship ended, in fact I know I don't, but I know that breakups hurt. As bad as they might feel, keep in mind that you're still a person capable of love and you still deserve to be loved. It might be too soon to start a relationship with someone new, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.