View Single Post

Thread: Okay, here's the bill for my healing.

1. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Okay, here's the bill for my healing.

I wouldn't be terribly inclined to ask other players to chip in to recieve the benefits that define my archetype role, though I could see "Hey, can I get a few gp for this wand? I am a little short" working both in game and out of it. As stated before, healing is the cleric's main contribution (outside CoDZilla), just as sneaking is the rogue's, and thwacking things is the fighter's. I think the fighter might be justified to say "Well, if I take that money and put it towards another +1 enhancement for sword, it will kill enemies that much faster, and alleviate the need for extra healing." when presented with an invoice for healing.

Honestly, I think that if you don't want to spend money on healing well in favor of other purposes, you probably should reconsider being a healing class. It does benefit the whole party, but in theory at least, so does everyone's purchases. What the real question is about healing is often "No one wants to focus on it, but we all know we need it; do we all shoulder that burden?" In effect, this is what spontaneous spell casting was created for: letting clerics do things other than heal. If you think healing is boring, and would rather stab things or blow them up (god, I know I would) play something more along those lines, such as a cleric of Stabiclese, God of Buffing Up and Whacking Things (Regardless of Facing.) Just be certain your friends are aware of that.
    Last edited by Wehrkind; 2007-04-21 at 09:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Logic Ninja : Oh my god that was beautiful. Man. I... wow. This thread can be locked now, Wehrkind won it. Here
    "We know Elvis is dead for any relevant values of certain." - BWL
    I am now offering conversion to my Church of Stabiclese, Neutral God of Buffing Up and Whacking Things, Regardless of Facing. All those who love either "Buffing Up" or "Whacking Things" and don't particularly care about which direction the target is facing at the time are welcome!