Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
Oh shoot, I forgot about the vice principal and the spirit possessing Max. It'd be both hilarious and probably save a lot of time if it turns out the vice principal is just a terrible person that Zarei hates, but otherwise has no real role in the story. A bit like the gym teacher from Dr. McNinja.
I forgot about Max's spirit too until my second read-through.

Davy also makes reference to the vice principal (as "the witch", before we learn who that refers to), so she's definitely supernatural to some degree. Why she reacted the way she did when she crossed paths with Mina is what I'm really curious about. Doesn't recognize her somehow? Chose not to instigate a conflict in front of innocent bystanders? Something else?

Personally, I'm going to assume the Cousinhood isn't going to be overly relevant unless you count Garcia.
Fair enough. This story is definitely set to expand beyond Mayview at some point, though, given how many outside factions have an interest in the town, so if/when that happens I expect them to play a bigger role.

There's no evidence to suggest the ominous spirits (?) are backing any given side except for that they're almost certainly working against the angel.
Speaking of, I'm very curious what exactly the angel's deal is. She doesn't really fit in with anything we know regarding how spirits act and behave. Zack also said that demons are not a thing in the comic's universe (though they might've been joking), so that leaves me wondering where angels fit in, if they do at all.

What page does she do the glowing eye bit? Lisa might be a vampire, but given the Davy/Cody interactions she's on Cody's side if she is. Davy specifically is not the one in charge of the..."operations" at the middle school, and Cody is against his father. Assuming Lisa isn't a vampire sent to keep an eye on Cody, I'd assume she's either just a spooky person who has an inkling about what's going on, or doing stuff under Cody.
Here and here. For reference, Cody. There's also her dialogue on this page, which I definitely don't think is just a setup for a cheap gag.

As for Lisa and Cody being connected... I dunno. They're part of the same friend group (which also includes Ed, Violet, and Jeff), but we've yet to see them interact outside of that context. They're also the leaders of the Student Council and Resistance at Mayview respectively, which has... interesting implications for the ongoing school plot.

EDIT: Unrelated, I just noticed that at https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-136 "Mr. Spender" only knows about Isabel's shoulder because Hijack is talking through him. (Hijack takes over at a bit before page 100 or something, right? When Spender opens the door for him)
Huh, looking back and rereading this with that one tidbit in mind makes this feel very intricately arranged.
Yeah, several of the things that Hijack!Spender says and does really only make sense on a second read-through. And/or have a more tragic light since Isabel thinks her mentor is looking out for her, when really it's an empathetic spirit noticing that she's in pain.