View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

I have updated puppet. I also removed the Tier I alteration "Twitching Strings" and the tier IV alteration "Ephemeral Host". I rewrote Lengthy Cords and added "Skittering Gallery" to tier IV. Some other small changes were made as well.

Spoiler: new Lengthy Cords and Skittering Gallery
    Show

Tier 1

1fp – Lengthy Cords
    As a bonus action, you can extend the range of the cords connecting you to up to three of your puppets to a maximum of 40'. Whenever you use your movement you may move these puppets the same amount of distance. Alternately, you may also use your movement to move your puppets without moving yourself. For example, if you had 30' of movement you could move 15' forward while having three of your puppets move 15' forward and 15' to the side (a total of 30').

If your puppets are in a different square they can be attacked separately, although they are still actually a part of you for all purposes including armor class (although puppets do not benefit from any worn armor / shields you possess).

If you are already extending the range of three puppets beyond 5' you cannot extend the range of any other puppets at the same time.

Furthermore, as a bonus action you can reduce the maximum range of any puppet effected by this alteration. The puppet must already be within its new range. For example, if you want to reduce a puppet's range from 40' to 20' it must already be within 20' of you.

---------------
    Tier IV

2fp - Skittering Gallery
    The maximum range of all of your puppets increases from 5' to 20'. Whenever you use your movement you may move these puppets the same amount of distance. Alternately, you may also use your movement to move your puppets without moving yourself. For example, if you had 30' of movement you could move 15' forward while having three of your puppets move 15' forward and 15' to the side (a total of 30').

If your puppets are in a different square they can be attacked separately, although they are still actually a part of you for all purposes including armor class (although puppets do not benefit from any worn armor / shields you possess).

If you have made the Lengthy Cords alteration, puppets effected by the ability it grants can have their maximum range extended to a maximum of 120' instead of 40'.

As a reminder, regular puppets can't attack or perform fine motions.

Edit: I also changed Far Reaching Glares (Eye Tier III alteration), now Far Reaching Gaze, and buffed unbound reception (Can no longer be surprised / gain advantage on perception checks in addition to previous benefit).

Spoiler: Far Reaching Gaze
    Show

2fp – Far Reaching Gaze
    The range of the abilities granted by your Dissolving, Disorienting, Rejecting, Binding, and/or Murmuring Glare alterations increases to 300'. This alteration does not give you access to any abilities you do not already have.

Furthermore, distance does not hinder your ability to determine the fine details of objects and creatures within 600' of your eyes.

EDIT: I have changed Unbound Reception again. It no longer gives advantage on perception checks (RIP ability buff that lasted ~12 hours), but the base effect is stronger now. You still can't be surprised. I also slightly tweaked the wording of Decentralized Perception but the effect is the same.

EDIT 2: Unbound Reception is now 2->3fp, because.. well because I think its worth it now. The Tier IV Nth Dimensional Flesh alteration has had the ability to take it multiple times removed, was increased to 15' range, and now lets you squeeze into mundane spaces in addition to extra dimensional ones. ...And I've just realized that possibly creates an utterly absurd attacking strategy... I might need to remove the mundane space squeezing...

EDIT 3: Removed the mundane space squeezing, too many completely broken things you could do with that.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2020-05-20 at 12:43 AM.