Do note Morphic that we're using Demented One's system for alternate disciplines where there's no limit on how many you can learn. No need for that when people are already limited by maneuvers known and (unless removed) maneuver prereqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
Getting started on in under the name "Claw of the Elements", with entry being as level 8, and consequently the Knowledge (Nature) and Martial Lore are set to 10 ranks (7+3 for class skill) for a 4/3 split one way or the other that needs the last pre-entry level being an Initiator to get the Martial Lore. Going to use regular Wild Shape and IL as Druid level for brevity and transparency instead of needing to work out the expected output curve and come up with alternate rules to meet that and boilerplate all the counts-as properly.
Ok, cool. (Personally I've been turning away from skill prereqs as unnecessary.)

On Core classes: I have thought more about doing variant classes instead of ACFs. Eg, I like paladins and would enjoy a functional "true blue" paladin that doesn't make smite weird like PF does. It's just low priority IMO.

If you insist on Broken Blade being its own thing, make it be generally anti-Martial with a few properties that make it especially painful against Initiators
A good call. Even with it being the case that you aren't losing anything by learning Broken Blade, it's still too niche to spend mvs on unless it's more fully "anti-martial". Though that does provide a reason to do a full "anti-caster" disc as a counterpart. Or maybe trying to weave it in so that Broken Blade is the general "PVP" disc?

Though you seem to use "heavy" weapon in several places, which isn't a thing in 3.5.
Fixed.

Could make Oncoming Storm the offensive side of the melee Skirmisher style, all getting around and hitting things all over the place as the Swashbuckler does
Yeah, I think that's the direction to go with.

It's not an in-depth dive, I don't really have the focus for intense number-crunching and comparing all 20+ Maneuvers of several Disciplines, but I'm very quick to pick at patterns and where they overlap.
Well it's appreciated, and the fact that I'm not doing the revising right away is just because finalizing the disciplines is something I want to do last, after the PRCs and base classes.

I've spent a lot of time ranting about the worldbuilding of Warcraft, including the places it manages to underdo societal change over time.
Ha, I do know the franchise and my impression is it's intentionally a comic book rule of cool kitchen sink where caring about consistency immolates your mind. Mechanically, I think there are cues D&D can take from WOW and similar games though. Doing this project has made me see the flaws in 3.5 and realize how nice it would be to have an edition that took away the baggage and had cleaner and more intentional kit design while not going "back to basics" the way 5e did.