1. - Top - End - #1157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVII: The shocking end of the story arc

*reads new animation update*

Why does this post seem to be more excited over a puppy than the trailer? The fact that most of the work is done should be welcome news for donators. Talking like this is more the kind of thing I would expect when saying, "sorry no news, here is a puppy while you wait." The news is actually fairly good though. It's sounding like it shouldn't be many more months before the release.

Animation sounds like it's going to be a real amateur hour. Especially when the post actually suggests that if there was more money available, they'd just scrap everything that was done and start again from scratch. That is going a lot further than in a previous update where they were saying that they were "a bit disappointed".

Honestly, I don't think it matters too much, I can't imagine many people complaining much about the art. I mean, sure, some people might complain and ask why this is the best that can be done with a budged of over 300k (I'd bet there was probably a fair amount of waste), but we kinda know what to expect since we saw the previews.

They might be mainly worried about poor art if they are really pinning hopes on getting some sort of network deal for a series. I personally also doubt that anyone would pick this up. There are many webcomics out there that have a bigger following and are more family friendly. It's honestly kinda annoying. While Japan, Korea, and even China have embraced webcomic authors. The west just completely ignores it. I want a Girl Genius animation!
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2020-06-05 at 04:13 PM.