Enchantment, uses charisma obviously and only the bard classes gets access.

L1:
Charm person -> mind affecting subtle non-combat spell that gives you +2k0 on all social rolls with the target for a scene if they fail an arcana + willpower save. It notes that if you treat them well they could possibly remain friendly, so apparently it's not the kind of spell that tells someone that you're an evil mind controller when it wears off.
Command -> six keywords including attack & language dependent. Give a one word command and if they fail the arcana + willpower save (ok, all the enchantment saves are arcana + willpower, they could have thrown an wisdom or intelligence in there for variety though) they have to attempt anything short of suicide or jumping off tall buildings without a parachute. Players of course are notoriously bad at going along with mind control effects (I was too, twenty years ago, but I've gotten better).
Shock and awe -> a combo-ok attack that isn't mind affecting. Everyone within 10m of the target loses 5 off their initiative. Cannot be used to give someone two turns in a round.
L2:
Stun -> another combo-ok attack that isn't mind affecting. Target something within 10m of you and if it fails the usual arcana + willpower save it can only take a half action for it's next turn. If it fails by 5 or more it can't take any actions on it's next turn. This doesn't reference the stunned condition so it's up to the DM if no-stun abilities work on it.
Attraction -> non-combat subtle spell that, for an hour, makes the touched person or thing an attention magnet. People get +1k1 on all social rolls while objects get picked up and fooled with. Works to at least 30m and there's the usual arcana + willpower save to be unaffected.
Confusion -> combo-ok mind affecting attack spell with no save. For the rest of the scene roll on a little random table (hurt self, do nothing, act normally, if the roll is 10 the spell breaks). People can't be affected by more than one confusion spell at a time and... no range listed? C'mon people.
L3:
Dominate -> full action many key word not subtle spell that takes a half action every round to maintain. It does about what you'd expect, someone within 10m fails an arcana + willpower save and has to follow orders. If it's something "outside their nature" they get a +5 on the save and if its self destructive or violent vs. allies they get a +15. Hm, I'm not sure if its save-every-round (unlikely, the spells with that say so), save when a new order might be at a bonus, or if you should just roll the save once and keep the +5/+15 numbers as thresholds for the spell breaking if you're order to do something in those categories. I kind of like the threshold idea.
Awe -> full round to cast Stun as a 10m radius area of effect spell.
Suggestion -> non-combat and subtle. Make a request of the target. If it's "within their nature" they don't get a save, otherwise they get an undefined save (probably arcana + willpower again but you could make a case for wisdom). Even if they save they just think that they were really tempted by the idea and not that you were using mind control magic.
L4:
Encore -> mind affecting, verbal, one round per level, and... expendable? Target save arcana + willpower every round or else the repeat what they did last round. No clue why it's marked expendable.
Blindness -> combo-on touch attack that blinds for a day on a failed arcana + willpower save. Meh.
Demand -> subtle non-combat no-save Suggestion spell. Target may instead spend resolve at 1 + 1/casting raise to resist. At DC 30 to cast you won't usually have too many raises, it might almost be better with a save. Definitely "meh" at best.
L5:
Geas -> subtle combo-ok attack at DC 20 to cast (weirdly low for a level 5 spell). As Command but if they fail the save they'll follow suicidal commands and will engage in extended activities in order to complete the command. Given player's tendencies to creatively minimize and misinterpret everything to the maximum extent when mind control is involved I'm not sure this is really any better than command for the DM.
Amnesia -> non-combat touch spell where it's save or get your memories rewritten by the caster. The victim explicitly fills in blanks on their own so you don't have to be amazingly detailed in your rewriting descriptions. Again a spell from book 2 does not tell you what the save is.

Personal picks: Well, as a DM I have to deal with players who do things like try to interpret the command "flee" as "make someone else flee" or "act like a flea". As a player it depends on the DM not doing exactly the same thing.
L1: Shock and awe, unimpressive but reliable. Also there's no reason it can't stack like damage.
L2: As DM Confusion, as a player Attraction (same effect or better than charm person and has alternate uses).
L3: Dominate. People are generally better about this one then the other softer mind controls. However depending on who we rule the saves, if I'm playing I may choose Awe for the AoE stunning effect.
L4: Encore. No competition. Blindness is weak for this level and Demand... Maybe if we see a lot of social combat and draining resolve would be useful, maybe.
L5: Geas I guess, or a L3 or L4 that I didn't get before.

Unfortunately more then the writing/editing errors (at the least explicit ranges would be useful on several of these and some non-willpower saves would be appreciated) this school depends on the people across the table being willing to accept that their character is mind controlled for a round/few rounds/a scene and actually go with it. Hmm. We could add that as an explicit part of the save. Say if you fail the save by less than 5 or 10 you can subvert the commands but if you fail by more then you have to actually really obey the spirit of the command/spell. I don't really mind some ambiguity or flexibility in things but the whole mind control vs. players thing has more than 30 years of history behind it and anything to try to make things smoother (and stuff like illusions and enchantment less divisive &or more attractive) would be appreciated.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem.