I found it to have a bit of a learning curve, but have been able to use it okay. I will say though that it works fine with a prepublished module (I'm using Dungeon of the Mad Mage with one group and Curse of Strahd with another), but I don't think I would like it nearly as much if I wasn't using a module. I don't enjoy creating maps and such, but I feel like I need maps and minis with Roll20 more than I do around the actual table because the sense of personal engagement between the players is a little less.

Also I haven't messed with the jukebox feature at all. One of my players who is more experienced with Roll20 really wants me to, so I gave him DM powers and let him just build a playlist for me to use. Haven't been able to play in several weeks though, so I haven't tried it yet.

In short, I find it an acceptable enough substitute, but I still strongly prefer gaming in person. But at least this way I'm able to game with a friend who lives in another state and otherwise wouldn't be able to join us.