Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
Considering how wide the RPG sphere is, you'd be shocked how many smaller games are able to find a sustainable player base.
Expanding on this, it's much easier to pick up a game as your side if it's not that hard. Part of the goal of CF is streamlined rules. That means if someone's primary game is PF2e but a GM wants to try out CF, it will be much less hard for the player to make a character and play their first game. It's less of a time investment. That's part of why "it has a lot more room for innovation and redesign on the player side when it comes to classes, feats, and spells," is important to me, both as a designer and a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Urban fantasy is indeed a criminally underrepresented niche. But it certainly is a niche - I'd recommend nailing the crunch/feel of the medieval variant first and then branching out, but you guys know the publication/marketing arm of this better than I do.
I too am chomping at the bit for this, not least because I very much want to write the Pacific Northwest setting I've been pondering for a while, in which there are a number of portals to Faerie you can accidentally wander into from downtown Portland (notably in Powell's Books) and there's a shadowy cabal of aboleths who appear to have their fingers tentacles in Washington politics, trying to create the next big earthquake and sink Seattle into the sea...