Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
About time you got spooked by something after all these years, I was beginning to think you were completely fearless and not know what to do with you running into danger at every turn.

and she doesn't have to know about in advance, we can just arrange her to see it by luck or something, and Kimiko wants to learn all jutsu anyways....so.....its less "will we come across this technique?" and more "HOW and WHEN will we come across this technique in the midst of acquiring numerous others?"
Maybe something Senko has read about... But not in enough detail to perform the modification herself. "An obscure technique, originally created for the sake of espionage and escape. Not a true Jutsu, but specific modifications are done to a body that improve flexibility. By default, the user becomes completely doubled jointed, develops enhanced elasticity in soft tissues, and gains the ability to dislocate and relocate their moving joints at will. With practice, one can use their chakra flow to control their muscles and move while dislocated, which has both espionage and combat applications, and masters of the technique are, somehow, able to expend their appendages several times their normal length and move as if their literally had no bones."
"Okay, that is nice... How do I do it? I can think of dozens of ways that could be useful."
Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
It intresting concept. I think that among the many themes of Naruto, is about people taking spirituality, their talents, nature for their cynical monstrouse needs.
The terrorists usually were trying to break this system.
(And if you can unignore Kaguya bringing devil fruits to the Naruto world, this theme is force fed into you)
Like... I have read about diffrent martial arts, among them Krav Maga, of the isreali special security forces... and it's concept it lack the philosophy of martial arts. It train you to neutralize your opponets, as practical and fast as possible.
(One cool move I have seen, they put a key between their fingers, directing at the eyes) no honor no nothing.
So the ninja world is kind of like that?

But there are religouse groups. Specify for Ottokagure, I made up the Mayuwi clan, who are very orthodox monks, sort of parallel to Hyuga, I can see them trian and talk in these terms.

Btw- as usual, cool art Raziere. I wish I could do stuff like that
Yeah...

So I thought on it.

So the average human has 361 tenketsu. Including, looking at the diagram, major ones at all of the locations where Chakras are believed to be.

Also, the literal translation of chakra is "wheel" or "Cycle."

Spoiler: The seven wheels
Show
In some spiritual beliefs, the seven wheels are clusters of tenketsu in a spiral pattern, a handful of minor points. similarly to the eight gates, it is believed that the points that make up the wheels can be opened but unlike the Gates that gran enhanced physical abilities but can cause damage to the body and should remain closed when unneeded, it is believed that the seven wheels can be opened and cleared of blockages, trained to remain open at all time, for benefits to one's mental and spiritual health.

Whether the seven wheels actually exist has never been proven, the only people able to observe individual Tenketsu are the Hyuga and like many clans they tend to keep the exact details of what they see and do secret, so if they have seen the wheels they are not sharing.

However, whether the wheels exist or not, the physical and mental exercises that are supposed to open then up and do have some benefit in terms of relieving stress and fortifying the sense of self and managing mental health, as forms of meditation, can be used to cultivate the spiritual side of chakra, so whether it exists or not people following those exercises is good for them.

The Wheel of the Root is the foundation, located at the base of the spine. In spiritual beliefs, it is the connection to the Earth and to nature through which power and nourishment are drawn into the body and provides balance and stability to the spirit, the ability to survive, and live without anxiety. allowing oneself to be ruled by fear or becoming too distant from nature. Exercises to remove fear and anxiety, allowing one's bare skin comes into contact with nature(such as by walking shoeless on solid ground or bathing in a natural hot spring) or forest bathing--the act of going out into the wilderness and observing nature with all five senses solely for the sake of appreciation of nature are all supposedly able to open this wheel. Some spiritualists associate the Wheel of the Root with the Element of Earth. some have proposed a connection to senjutsu.

The Wheel Where The Self is Established is a cluster located even with the sacrum. It is associated with the sense of self and the concept of self-worth as well as with pleasure in all forms, creativity, and sexuality. It is also supposedly tied intrinsically to the ability to accept mistakes and forgive one's self and let go of unhealthy guilt. supposedly, when open and unblocked this wheel allows one enjoy life, affirm themself, and live without perversion or repression and properly channel creative energies. Self-love (in a spiritual sense) and the loving maintenance of one's own physical body, such by exercising for the sake of self-improvement of fulfillment, in addition to specific medications, are good for this wheel, which some people associate with the Element of Water.

The Jewel City Wheel is located at the Navel or Solar Plexus. Supposedly associated with the element of Fire, the Jewel City Wheel is supposed to be tied to willpower, one's own personal power, and the acceptance of yourself as you are. It is also tied to both spiritual and physical digestion. Maintainance of digestive health and good nutrition are good for the wheel, as is acceptance of every part of yourself, even the parts that you do not care for, and all aspects of your life, leading to strong self-esteem and force of will and supposedly ease of control

The Unstruck Wheel, associated with the Element of Wind, is located on the heart. This is a dangerous Wheel to mismanaged, as the Heart is the location of the Eighth Gate, the Gate of Death. Some traditions even believe that the major Tenketsu that is the core of the wheel is the gate of death. supposedly, this chakra is tied to the joining of masculine and feminine energy, the spiritual and the physical becoming one, and the ability to love others in both a romantic and platonic sense. Excessive Grief, anger, of feelings of betrayal can block this chakra, but coming to terms loss and accepting that the love that you felt for the loved one, and the love they gave you, does not die when they do clears that up, and experiencing healthy, genuine love(not an obsession, simple infatuation, or base lust) be it in the form of romance or close friendship. Trust is important, and some beleive that this is the key to compassion.

The Purest Wheel is located in the throat. It is tied to the ability to express one's self clearly, and rather than tied to a specific element is supposedly associated with Chakra in its pure form--some spiritualists believe it to be the key to Ninshu. It is blocked by the lies that people tell themselves. Honesty, at least with one's self, is the key to keeping the Purest Wheel open.

The Command Wheel, located on the brow between the eyes, the location of the pineal gland, and also known a the Third Eye is associated with Lightning. It is associated with clarity and perception and, supposedly, is the key to both Dojutsu and chakra sensing. In addition to meditations, te one is
supposed to see past illusions. Not Genjutsu, but widely believed lies based on things that seem true on the surface but are false when observed underneath the underneath. (for example, many things that are believed to be separate are simply the same thing in different forms, or two differant parts of a whole.)

The Thousand Petaled Wheel is, supposedly, the hardest to open and the hardest to keep open. It is associated with all elements and the union of Yin and Yang and must be opened last. It is located at the crown of the head and, supposedly, is the sentence point for both cosmic power and cosmic truths to enter the body and, when open, allows for a heightened state of consciousness and enlightened perspective and a connection to divinity. The other six wheels must be open and unblocked first and the Thousand Peteled Wheel is opened by one accepting that the seeming chaos and misfortune of the world has a purpose, or at least is beyond their means of control, and achieved ability to live without attachments. This last one is hard to understand. It does not mean that one is not allowed to love or have friends or enjoy physical things. Rather, it is the ability to recognize when one's attachments are harmful and must be let go for the good of one'self or for the good of the one you are attached to, to know when itis best to put aside your attachments to focus all of your attention on what is most important(and, likewise, reassume them when such focus is not needed,) and to let go when, in the natural course of things, those attachments are severed. supposedly, opening this wheel and keeping it open paradoxically allows for deeper and more meaningful relationships with individuals and society while leaving one feeling free and allows one to more easily explore beyond the constraints of physical form or so one and to live in a state of bliss. Like the Root, this wheel is sometimes theorized to have a connection to senjutsu

The idea is that there's no direct evidence in-universe that they're real, but the things that the people who believe in them do to open them have tangible benefits for physical and mental health regardless.

I took a bit from real life beliefs, a bit from Avatar, and a adjusted things a little bit to better fit with Naruto--the throat chakra in real life is associated with sound, the third eye with light, and the crown with either pure cosmic power, no element, or all of the elements but I changed them to better fit this world. The names are the Indian names translated into english.