Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I never understood the hate for Arby's, or the Internet's more general hate for Taco Bell. Arby's had above average deli sandwiches at a decent price. Taco Bell was fast and cheap Tex-Mex. They were no better or worse than McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant.

I've only grown more annoyed at the meme since I moved away from accessible fast food. My closest Mcdonald's and KFC are 20 minutes drive away, making drive-through a 40 minute endeavour that turns into an hour if there's any traffic. There are no Arby's or Taco Bell. Anyone complaining about the quality of American fast food needs to try the takeaway lottery some time. I would KILL to have a Taco Bell in my town.
Yeah its basically passed meme status and taken on a life of its own online. Nickelback hate is another interesting one. They do fairly decent, if somewhat generic, music for the radio and some better stuff on their albums and people treat them like they are yoko ono and yanni farting on snare drums and inexplicably making millions. Thats fallen by the wayside because nickelback isnt really a thing in pop culture anymore. Im sure they are out there still making music but they arent in the news.