Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
And? Sometimes a strike happens. It does not always have the outcome the strikers intended ...
RC has been conversing with him. As a number of other posts and posters have noted, what Durkon has brought to the table so far isn't much to work with. RC's current move, if he is indeed trying to literally shoot the messenger, is to send the message "raise your game if you are serious about negotiation and making a deal."
That message is not for Durkon. The message is for the god, Thor, and the other gods (who may not back Thor's play) {see RC's remarks in Strip 1209 panel 8} whose first messenger to TDO/RC finally showed up. {See panels 9 and 10 of strip 1205}.

Also, since when are "most effective" methods required in OoTS?
Heck, the Order itself isn't optimized ...
Blundering through is a whole thing in OoTS.
While it is possible RC is trying to send a message, I would expect him to add something like "Tell your god we want more." before killing Durkon.
Maybe that will happen next strip.

As it currently stands, it seems RC is sending a clear message of rejection instead of counter-offer... or he is testing Durkon.

I also didn't state talking was the most effective method, only more effective then Implosion.
It is easy to interpret that action as "No negotiation" instead of "Give me a better offer".

Considering Durkon just explained the options available to RC (as Durkon sees them), RC's current action doesn't make sense if he wants to continue the dialog. After all his work, somebody with pull has finally come to speak with RC. I bet RC has thought of (and planned for) this moment for a long time.