View Single Post

Thread: The Hammer

1. - Top - End - #32
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by rbetieh View Post
    Wait, is that how teleportation actually works? If I make a halfling, traveling by railgun should be a cinch....
    Yes, that's why all Teleport spells had their school changed to Conjuration from 3.5 onward - it technically summons a number of ethereal commoners equal to the distance being "teleported" to, who pick up the caster and any objects or other creatures. Higher level casters conjure stronger ethereal commoners, which is how they are able to pick up more creatures, and why size constraints are imposed on creatures being "teleported". Because the ethereal commoners are summoned in a straight line between the departure and arrival destinations, the less the caster knows the location, the higher likelihood the line's angle will be slightly skewed, which accounts for the location mishap possibilities.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-08-27 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by truemane
    NEVER! I shall mod and drive and pick up dubious arachnid packages until the day I die!
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.