1. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Classes/Character concepts you've wanted to run in different editions of D&D?

In 3.5/Pathfinder I kinda always wanted to play a Dragon Disciple. In 3.5 it never really worked because I was usually the DM, and I didn't expect any campaign without me DMing to make it to level 6 (they didn't). Plus, in 3.5 the class was absolutely terrible, so I'd have to get DM approval to do the standard fix (change the bonus spells to actual spell progression) which is largely what the Pathfinder version is.

In Pathfinder I did have one game I joined at level 3 or 4 where my character was aimed at the Dragon Disciple. I was a straight crossblooded sorcerer (crossblooded to get the STR boosts instead of CON) who was a tiefling that thought he was a half-dragon. (To be fair - he had blue scales, a tail, fangs that dealt damage, and dragon powers. And I specifically avoided taking Knowledge: Planes.)

Unfortunately, that turned out to be the campaign's last session because it was rolling into the holidays, and it never picked back up. It was a fun session too. Going natural weapons with a bunch of touch attacks was pretty sweet. He'd cast shocking grasp before a fight, and then his first bite or claw that landed would set it off - with the added bonus of getting +3 to hit if they had metal armor.

I just started a game of Kingmaker (CRPG) where I'm going to be using close to that same build. Not quite the same as tabletop, but still fun.
    Last edited by CharonsHelper; 2020-09-18 at 08:26 AM.