Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
I don't know... I listened to a lot of the McGann audio stories, and his doctor never really clicked with me. I don't like him. Also, he has some utterly terrible stories. (Zagreus)
I've not listened to all of them, but they certainly clicked for me. But that wasn't my point for him, my point was that for people who only watch the TV series he's pretty much a footnote, having appeared in the Movie and Night of the Doctor but not anything else, whereas if you're into the EU there's a whole host of audios and novels starring him, I hear the books even give him a boyfriend! For him it's less about quality and more about prominence, to many he's the actor who 'played the Doctor once', although I have to admit to really quite liking the Eighth Doctor and Lucie stories.

Meanwhile Colin Baker did get a legitimately bad TV series run, but gets a quite frankly amazing run in the audios, at least partially due to his first audio-original companion being the best in any medium. It helps that there wasn't a need to build sets around the coat of many colours, but the Sixth Doctor audios tend to have the strong writing and engaging character development he needed (plus the Sixth Doctor gets Jubilee, one of the best DW serials ever).