Level 0 stats
STR 2, DEX 20, CON 18,
INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 14

Final stats
STR 2, DEX 22, CON 20,
INT 12, WIS 10, CHA 16

Spoiler: intro
Show
"Judge, forgive me for what's about to happen. But I assure you, it'll be a delight."

pulls out fiddle

Begins to read from a prepared statement

*the fiddle begins playing faerie paradise via ghost pipes spell*

Half of the crowd begins dancing.

...pulls out another fiddle and plays that too.

"As level through these levels with nuaght for hit dyin',
I take look at my choices and they seem pla- in.
Rage claws it is for a squishie like me,
Can keep kicking on at negative 3.
Constitution eighteen and that's 4 more HP,
And get max hit die hit points when I go all crusade-y

Fools!

I've been invisi-raging and clawing so long,
That i haven't even told you about the multi-attuned song,
I'm a grig with 2 hands, there's no denyin',
Got ghosts pipes on scrolls to keep it flyin'
I got a pocket full of cabers, theyr all mine
2d6 no matter size, better make them fine

We been spending most our lives
livin' in fairie paradise
Pyrotechniqued once or twice
Living in fairie paradise
Fine cabers get two six-dice
Living in faerie paradise
Fail will saves [DC 15]once or thrice
Dancin' in faerie paradise

No limits on the number of fiddly squeeks
So will save fail / dance / turn the other cheek
You popping a lock and getting cabered to bits
You be getting distracted from my martial scripts
Ain't a great initiator / no class level fr'it
Use magic device for maneuvers /unheard of
Any maneuver I can imagine just a skill check away
Prepared artifice-ally at the end of the day

Fool

Etchin schemas cuz entangle's level 9
Never running out of songs on which to rhyme
I be Putting enhancements up on these sticks
Invisibility stays on cuz im targetting bricks
You gonna roll a will save 1 eventually
And get caber smacked invisisibly

Flyby tree, invisibleee
Greater, mad dexteriteeee

We been cheesin all our lives
Livin' in faerie paradise
Long way past half hit dice
Livin in faerie paradise
Now you dancin for your life
Dyin from faeries' pair of dice
Munchkin faerie paradise."

*All non sprites in attendance dancing*

Grig-yere whips out fine sized cabers, decides instead to initiate tornado throw from that martial script he made earlier.

Level Hit Dice Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st 1/2 d6 Grig +0 +0 +2 +2 6+int ×4: 28: Craft (instrument) 4, Escape Artist 4, Hide 1, Move Silently 1, spellcraft 2 (cc), Perform (Fiddle) 4, Spot 2, Use Magic Device 2 (cc), +4more Shape Soulmeld (Rage Claws) Spell resistance, Feat, Spell-like Abilities 1/day
2nd 1/2 d6 Grig +0 +0 +2 +2 Dodge Fly 40 ft. (poor), +2 Wis, Dodge
3rd 1/2 d6 Grig +0 +0 +2 +2 +1 natural armor, +2 Dex, +2 Con
4th 1/2 d6 Grig +0 +0 +2 +2 +2 Cha, +2 natural armor, spell-like abilities 3/day, Attune fiddle
5th 1d10 Crusader +1 +2 +2 +2 4+int: 5: perform (fiddle) 5, Furious counterstrike, Steely resolve 5, 5 maneuvers known; 2 readied, 1 stance
6th 1d6 Artificer +1 +2 +2 +4 4+int: 5: Use Magic Device 6, spellcraft 3 Scribe Scroll, Scribe Martial Script ToB p32 Artificer knowledge, artisan bonus, disable trap, item creation, Scribe Scroll, 20 Craft points, Infusions

Epic Feats
1. Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Caber)
2. Flyby Attack - MM V p204
3. Etch Schema - Magic of Eberron p47
4. Ability Focus (Attune Fiddle)
5. Sudden Recovery - ToB p33
6. Air Heritage - Planar Handbook p37
7. Craft wand
8. Hover MMV p204
9. Earthbound spell PHB2 p91
10. Empower spell

Spell like abilities: disguise self, entangle, ventriloquism, pyrotechnics, invisibility. Caster level 9.

Maneuvers: charging Minotaur, crusaders strike, leading the attack, stone bones, vanguard strike

Stance: Stonefoot stance

Spoiler
Show

Level 1, 2, 3
Are we seriously considering having a max of 3 HP for the next 4 levels? All because we noticed that there aren't the same limits on the grigs attuned fiddle that we see on the satyrs attuned pipes?

Yes we are. Get ready to play this character's revenge seeking brother, cousin, and/or aunt when a magic missile kills you to death.

Well, let's pump up that constitution then to get ourselves into the 5-7 hp range. Further, let's extend our hp cusion downwards by taking shape soulmeld (rage claws), which keeps us viable for another 9 hp worth of damage. Once you're in the negatives, turn invisible and fly away.

In a deplorable state of affairs, you have a -6 to STR, but the only bows you get proficiency with are composite bows. So to leverage that, we need to find one of the simple weapons we get proficiency with to help us win fights when our SLAs and size are insufficient to avoid them. You're not getting to level 4 without the ability to win fights, and we already used our one feat choice to help ourselves not die from a stiff breeze.

A solution has been found.

Cabers are large limbless trees that weigh 100 lbs and cost 10 gp.

We can use a fine sized caber nonproficiently, with a +3 to hit due to our tiny size and dex modifier. Cabers are found in masters of the wild, and it's damage information is found not in the table, but in the text, so it doesn't follow typical size to damage die rules. It appears that you don't add STR modifiers to damage. Heck, it doesn't follow any normal rules. Target a 10' square with an AC of 15, anything in it makes a ref save against the attack roll, which includes modifiers. So any attack roll of 12 or above procs a dc 15 or more save against 2d6 damage, if they see it coming and they can move out of the way. A tiny caber would be 12.5 pounds, if we halve the weight by each size category you reduce, so we're shrinking it further cuz the cheese has just really begun to ferment anyway, and by the time you're done reading this entry, this cheese will be negligible. We're swinging these fine sized bats for the fences, cuz we're targetting their squares. Boom. That mixed metaphor takes 2d6 damage.

Your entangle 1/day allows you to guarantee full caber damage, and, bonus, invisibility only shuts off when you attack a person, not a square. So you can reliably be an invisible fight ender.

Pyrotechnics is a strange SLA in that it has a target and material component that are the same thing, so my advice is to hang out with folks who use torches or readily shoot fire about, if you want to get utility out of this SLA.

Change shape updates to disguise self in the 3.5 stat block for grigs, so you can impersonate another tiny fey, if there is any utility in doing that, which is unlikely, unless you commissioned art for your grig and he was killed by a dart trap and then did the whole revenge seeking relative ploy I alluded to earlier.

You begin with AC 17, (size +2, dex +5) which goes up another 3 points over the next 2 levels (dodge, Nat armor, dex modifier increase) plus you have SR which should help your anemic saves.

Level 4
Alright. We did it folks. We unlocked the ultimate grig ability. Attune fiddle. Let's read it together.
Spoiler
Show

Attune Fiddle (Su): Using a process similar to crafting a magic item, a 4th-level grig with a fiddle appropriate to its size can spend one day attuning that instrument to itself and its natural magic. Once the fiddle is attuned, the grig may invoke a special magic. When the fiddler plays, any nonsprite within 30 feet of the instrument must succeed on a Will save (DC 15) or be affected as though by Otto's irresistible dance as long as the playing continues. The fiddle cannot be used in this manner by anyone else, and if separated from the grig for more than a week, it must undergo the attunement process again. Only grigs who have chosen "fiddle" as a type of performance with the Perform skill can attune a fiddle in this manner.

Ok, first off, it appears that there is no limit to the number of tiny fiddles you can attune to. If only there were a way to simultaneously play multiple fiddles to which you are attuned to. The Ghost pipes spell from Lost Empires of faerun is a first level bard spell that does exactly that. We'll have access to that later. The cool thing about this spell is that the radius of the dance is 30' of the fiddle in question, and the dance ability is keyed to the grig playing. So you could set up a couple of fiddles, and then make them all begin when you yourself starts playing. Unlike the satyrs attune pipe ability, there is no limit to how many times you can affect someone. So if you keep playing, they continue to make DC 15 will saves against ottos irresistible dance, per fiddle. Eventually, those non sprites will fail that will save.

Then, while unable to do anything other than dance in place, it's caberin' time.

Later we'll boost that dc to 17 with ability focus, but im unsure if the effect emanates from the fiddles or the grig, do it may be an unavailable option.

This makes those immune to ottos dance due to type immunities our biggest threat.

Level 5
Crusader. You get the full 10 hp from the hit die according to savage species page 27. With the con bonus, that brings us to a much more sturdy 21-23 hit points, plus the rage claw 9 hp death buffer. You get some maneuvers, but most importantly, you can fill the prereqs to take scribe martial script at your next level. Further, Steely resolve gives you a 5 damage delayed damage pool too, helping significantly with getting out of harm's way when you go negative.

We have armor proficiencies. Heavy armor bonuses are halved for tiny lil folk, so find some nice light armor or templated medium armor that you can fly in. Get that AC up even higher.

Level 6
Artificer
I'm gonna be honest, artificer is the biggest headache in the world to write up, even with one level. You have every zeroth, first, and second level spell ever printed to sift through, plus every +1 weapon and armor enchantment at your disposal through infusions.

Spell storing item infusion will allow you to infuse up a few of your attuned fiddles with ghost pipes at 2 xp a pop. Once you etch schemas of this infusion, you can save some infusion slots for weapon augmentation.

What I noticed was a fun little interplay between scribe martial script and the artificers craft ability.

Spoiler
Show
An artificer can also make Use Magic Device checks to emulate nonspell requirements, including alignment and race, using the normal DCs for the skill. He cannot emulate skill or feat requirements, however, including item creation feat prerequisites. He must meet the caster level prerequisite, including the minimum level to cast a spell he stores in a potion, wand, or scroll.

Use the normal DCs in the description for UMD for maneuvers. Which are a class feature. Check that out. And it appears...that your not limited to maneuvers available to crusaders, because you can emulate any class's maneuvers. You might need to make multiple checks depending on the maneuvers' prerequisites to emulate having sufficient maneuvers, but in essence, Grig-Yere has access to every maneuver and stance in the game with a couple UMD DC checks.

I devised this to get burning brand so that we no longer need to eat an AOO to melee attack someone due to tiny size and square entering. But there are so many other great maneuvers. And after you use them, we'll get ourselves that sudden recovery feat so that we can get an extra use out of it. Because that feat forgot martial scripts existed.

So, we're gonna go ahead and attune some extra fiddles. Because now we have access to scrolls of ghost pipes, as well as the spell storing infusion. Later, we'll use that 9th level sorcery casting for our SLAs to qualify for etch schema, so we're not lugging around a ton of scrolls for spells we all of the time. And later, craft wand will be the preferred method of ghost piping.

Dance dance Armageddon is here.

Our big weaknesses then become
Adequate downtime
Undead, oozes, vermin and constructs
Boosting UMD checks.

Scrolls/schemas
Magic savant (complete mage) bard 2
Umd DC 22, swift action +4 insight to UMD checks
Eagles splendor, for UMD checks
Ghost pipes (Lost Empires of Faerun) for dance-a-thons
Unity Wine (players guide to eberron p73)
Cure wounds spells

Anti undead spells
Bone chill
Command undead

Martial scripts for you
Stances
Ghostly defense (setting sun 8)
Child of shadow (shadow hand 1)
Aura of triumph (devoted spirit 6)
Assassins stance (shadow hand 3)
Rising Phoenix (desert wind 8)

maneuvers
Shadow jaunt/blink/stride
Death in the dark
Wyrms flame
War masters charge
Salamander charge*
Lightning throw
Burning brand

Infusions of note
Spell storing item (ECS p115)
Armor enhancement, lesser (ECS p109)
Personal weapon augmentation
Metamagic scroll (Magic of eberron p97)

UMD checks = 19
Cha 3
+2(artificer bonus)
+6 (ranks)
+2 circumstance masterwork item
+4 (insight) magic savant spell
+2 eagles splendor spell
+1 morale unity wine spell

Epic Feats 1-5
Exotic caber proficiency has you hitting squares on any attack roll of 8 or above. The Ref save to avoid 2d6 damage is based on your attack roll including modifiers, so if you roll an 8 on the attack roll, the save DC is 15, and the save increases from there. The caber doesn't really matter much anymore because you can make fight ending martial scripts now. Especially in an E6 context.

Flyby attack allows standard actions while moving, so that's nice. Etching schemas of your favorite infusions and daily spells is a great idea. Ability Focus (attune Fiddle) lift the save DC for the irresistible dance to dc 17...if it works, cuz the attuned fiddle isn't exactly clear if the fiddle or the grig is making the dance effect happen. If it doesn't work, just choose a different feat.

Sudden recover allows a second use of an expanded maneuver. Paired with martial scripts, you can either save yourself a umd check by retaining a maneuver after you used it and committing it to a script again, or you can use it twice.

Epic Feats 6-10

Air Heritage adds 30 to our fly speed, and hover allows for combat synergies, particularly with some of the martial scripted stances you could choose.

Craft wand allows spamming of our most used spells.

The final two metamagic feats are there for use with combination with the metamagic scroll infusion.

Earthbound spell is interesting to use in conjenction with a schema of metamagic scroll. You create a trap that allows you to add a metamagic to any spell completion item.

Is a martial script a spell completion item? It behaves like a scroll but is not unequivocally itemized as a spell completion item type. Can you empower your martial script of a stance?

Any way, earthbound spell applied to your schemas via metamagic scroll infusion allows you to make "buff squares" that last an hour, which is a neat little way to set up terrain to best suit you or your buds.

So that's it, that's Grig-Yere. Fairie cheese.

Do the hustle!