yeah i knew about those, i had them transition to becoming the "Hair" of the creatures, since i knew i didn't want them to be bald. this creature walks on what is the stiff part of the leg of a starfish, modified after a long time to be more flexible in certain areas.

wondering if the elephant-foot idea won't be super viable for them. every biped animal i can think of (humans, birds, dinosaurs, etc) all have the same basic shape, long forward-facing toes, little to no structure on the rear. Round and flat StrongSad-style feet probably won't cut it. Might go something closer to the human foot, but with two big toes, one on either side. Will probably want to still be pretty wide, Camels are probably the largest desert-dwelling animal i can think of, and they have pretty wide feet, presumably so they don't sink into the sand.

So we might be looking at something that kind of combines the Camel's foot with a human's or an ostriches. built for upright movement with forward-facing toes, but still wide enough to prevent sinking into sand.