Hi, sorry. The sarcasm tags were intended for comedic purposes, nothing else. I need to get better at this :}

Regarding your homebrew rule: It DOES sound like effort in the Cypher system. You can drain your own pools in order to achieve greater successes. Except there itīs already inbuilt in the system and applies to everything, including skills.

I still donīt particularly like the rule. Most players, I think, would rather just go for a +10( if level 10) hit on their daily powers to make sure they land and ignore it for most other purposes. Obviously you know your players better, but this is how I feel about it. I certainly donīt care as much to add +10 damage to a 1[W] power with a high chance to miss, whereas making sure my 4[w] daily + rider effect power lands with a +10 to hit sounds delicious.

So, will it make combat quicker: I guess. Are there better ways: I think so.

Like, I guess youīve already researched this, so are you using monsters from the later monster books? I think someone calculated that the first monster books have broken math behind them, making them just big chunks of HP and there are corrected formulas out there.