Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Pathfinder, essentially a lower damage finessible bastard sword. In the core rulebook, so The GM felt forced to allow them despite thinking I should be a rogue.
Elven courtblades are two-handed exotic weapons with 1d10 damage and 18-20 crit range, so essentially more like a finessable falchion. Maybe that's where Pathfinder got the idea, actually.

I think 3rd? I left the campaign before it was possible, came back later when the group changed systems.
Hmm. Power Attack still requires 13 Str in PF though. I thought stat gains were at every 4 levels like in 3.5e.

That party frustrated me as well. Especially with how none of them could pick up 'use the d20 for skill checks and attack rolls' but the elfiness and bow-centrism was a part of it.
Maybe they should have tried stabbing enemies with their ears then.

Yeah, stickiness via threat instead of lockdown. After the first enemy to move away from you takes a large hit most intelligent enemies become less willing to do so.
As someone has likely said, the best status to inflict on enemies is death.

And casters are weaker, but still generally better than martials.
I doubt Druids are as crazy as they were in 3.5e, but what do they have besides "gets up to 9ths"? 5e does at least give casters a lot of other things to do that isn't just "cast spells".

Oh, I much prefer to play casters, but I tend to find that frontliners are rare. I play wizards when I can get away with it, but that's not always possible, and most gishes will serve as frontliners.
Yeah, I did put ranged spells into my spellbook/spells known, but I was always going to be mostly about either using magic to make me hit things better or make it harder to hit me. Still, having the option is always nice.