View Single Post

Thread: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

"We both have secrets to protect," Marcella interjected.

"You have been following us for days now: you're fully aware our only interest is in the retrieval of the xenos tech, and nothing more. We are not here to fill body bags nor set the Arbites on anyones clan."

Marcella allowed a pregnant pause to linger in the air, before she gestured to her compatriots.

"We have not made any physical attempt to apprehend you, despite the overt odds being in our favour. You're right, we're not with the Credit Guild, but these," she drew the collar of her Credit Guild coat forward, then motioned to the outfits the rest of her group was wearing, "and the assistance granted to us by the local authorities is indicative that we are operating on behalf of very influential individuals who hold this planets future in their hands. Individuals who will go to any lengths to keep their secrets a secret. So our apprehension at talking about who they are is for both our sakes."

Another short pause.

"So, I'd say, that we all need to go somewhere, together, and exchange information that will facilitate getting that xenos tech off planet. I was born in Sevastapol," Marcella pointed upwards in a general motion towards one of the munition starbases orbiting the planet, "and I'd rather not watch my home planet have to choose between a company of Adepta Sororitas on a search and destroy mission, or an exterminatus, because you walked out that door."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-11-15 at 07:31 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger