Even just skimming the post i am noticing large amounts of toxicity. What you describe is outside the norm but that isn't a problem (to me). There is no good advice i can give. If i say 'go nuts' he might disapprove of how outlandish it gets. If i say 'play it safe' he might think you bored or uninterested.

I see Red Flags in one post without truly reading it.

If being toxic is the only thing you can say against him i say try and be as pleasant as possible. Life, or even just the game, might be kicking him hard or has kicked him recently. A good experience/memory will lessen toxicity.

The one game that truly crashed and burned on me really burned; i still can't pick up that system without a flash of PTSD...

parts of his post go back and forth; "Now, for your benefit, I also try to help you understand just how much of an effect your own attacks and stuff should have on the monsters" and "Have fun, go wild, enjoy your bloody victory!"

That last reminds me of the time a player one shot an ice elemental with a crit; it exploded. I did that. They loved it...