1. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLI: Secondary Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    Instead of (from what I can tell) the good ones being a guaranteed 15 points...
    The good ones aren't a guaranteed 15. The good ones are a guaranteed 8-12, with a potential for 15. Largely because your opponent usually can't prevent you from doing them because the good Secondaries that are guaranteed points are usually progressive as-you-do-them, or scored at the end of your turn...And also importantly, scored during Round 1.

Meanwhile, the Primary Objectives are scored at the start of your next turn. Which means your opponent gets a whole one of their turns to prevent you from doing whatever you were doing. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't. But the point is that sometimes they can. Your opponent can't stop you from good Secondaries. Additionally, Primaries can't be scored on Turn 1, which means that since there's nothing else to do; Alpha strike is the only strike, score those Secondaries as fast as you can. Turn 3 is too slow.

Hence why LansXero put it the way he did:
    The Secondary Objectives are your Primary Objectives. The Primary Objectives are the tiebreaker.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-11-30 at 05:32 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome