Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
Indeed. I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion, but that's the official ruling on it.

The reasoning behind it: While you're making multiple attack rolls, it's all still part of one action - the "cast a spell" action, to be exact. It's a standard action spell with an instantaneous duration, so in theory all the rays go off at once and you can only precisely aim one of them.

I think if you're going to go with the official ruling, a feat is a fine way to resolve it. Off the top of my head, prereqs of Point Blank Shot and Caster Level 9 should be fine.
Umm... you realize just how broken that's going to make an already powerful spell? Scorching Ray already does 4d6 X 3. If you allow SA on all three, you're looking at something like 11d6 each, for a total of 33d6. That's just for a 2nd level spell. Now let's Metamagic it. Rod of LESSER Maximize (since it's only a 2nd level spell) and that's a flat guarenteed 198 damage. For a 2nd level spell. Grab a single level of Archmage so you can change your flavor as needed and you're seriously talking Stinky Cheeze.

Besides, I'd just go with Lesser Sonic Orb from Complete Arcane or Spell Compendium. Does up to 5d6, NO SR, as a 1st level spell. Fun times. Does less damage than the scorching ray, but doesn't allow SR, and Sonic is rarely, if ever, resisted. It's not so stinky cheeze.