Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
Yeah there are some holes in our understanding of physics that make this basically a fruitless line of inquiry. The Big Bang is essentially an attempt to save the Axiom of Universality and with it the Laws of Thermodynamics. "Ok, so all the evidence suggests the laws of physics must have changed. We will keep the Axiom and push back the change point to the furthest possible time."

The game at this point is "How far back can we plausibly assume the current rules apply" and move on.
First to the previous post: matter is finite in our understanding at the moment. Although I also think it is, in the end, we both can be wrong. I was leading rather to the fact that even in a not infinite world, the coincidences described in the original post have a very high probability. The human mind is designed to see certain patterns. This has been inherent since ancient times when people did not have time to analyze everything for a long time. Then it was necessary to quickly assess the danger and avoid it to survive. This is how the need to classify everything and bring it under our ideas about the world was formed in our consciousness. It is this feature that allows us to see patterns where they may not actually be.

And regarding your post, I think this answer is partially suitable. Besides, I wanted to say that you are right, that we are still very far from understanding all the processes. Although progress is taking place by leaps and bounds